About this Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trinity

"Understanding" the Trinity is difficult. I've heard a couple of minsters say they dread preaching on Trinity Sunday!

But I like how Paul Smith (minister with the Alliance of Baptists USA) expresses it:
Infinite God - Father/Creator
Intimate God - Jesus
Inner God - Spirit

A prayer liturgy they use in his Church is:
  Infinite God in whom we live and move and have our being;
     Intimate God you are always with us;
       Inner God we are the light of the world.

I've adapted that for personal prayer:
Infinite God in you I live and move and have my being;
     Intimate God you are always with me;
         Inner God through you I am called to be light in the world.

You can read more of Paul Smith's discussion of the trinity here: Part 1; Part 2.