About this Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Elephant TV

Thanks to Dale (whose Blog I follow) I have just found out about Elephant TV. As far as I can tell it is a TEAR Fund initiative to have informed discussions about "contentious issues in the Church so that Christians can come to informed and thoughtful conclusions and respect each other despite our differences of opinion." The full panel discussions are available for rent at $1.99 or to buy at $3.99. The previews I've looked at have definitely whetted my appetite. Current topics available: Evolution/Creation; Same sex marriage; Is war ever justified... While browsing the site I came upon an interview with Paul Young author of The Shack. You can listen to the whole interview here by scrolling down past the preview of the session on war which features Dr. Chris Marshall and one of the Waihopai three who disarmed the US spy base here in NZ.

I think this site is a wonderful resource for individuals or groups to hear people respectfully but strongly talking about things which are often the avoided "elephants in the room".