About this Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A flag for the future


My recent blog posts seem to be mainly about passing on inspiring things I've read or heard about. As I reflect on that I've come to the conclusion that that's just fine! Spreading the word about things that are "truly worthwhile and worthy of praise" (see Philippians 4:8 CEV) is something I can do - even if I'm not up to polar expeditions! This is from GreenPeace (pictures added by me). I take my hat off to the courageous young people. Do watch the 2 minute You Tube clip and you'll see what I mean! :



Right now, a small group of young people from around the world are preparing to head north in a historic expedition to the North Pole. They will ski for up to 8 hours a day in temperatures that could drop below -31°F in order to plant a ‘flag for the future’ and tell world leaders and future generations that when the time came to save the Arctic, we were here.

Watch this beautiful trailer for the North Pole expedition to meet the team and find out more! 

An oil spill in freezing Arctic waters would be even worse than the Deepwater Horizon disaster because it is one of the most extreme, fragile, and isolated regions on the planet. Oil companies have publicly admitted they cannot prevent a spill, meaning they’re putting the amazing Arctic landscape and its wonderful creatures like polar bears and Arctic foxes at risk.