About this Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Reactions to Atheism


I attended the book launch for this book earlier in the week. I was prompted by the fact that three of the authors are members of the church I also belong to and another three are people I know. It certainly seemed like a book I should read! (It is a collection of essays.)
The description on Book Depository is:
"How can one believe in an age of doubt? How can we name the mystery of God in human words? Does nature speak of the glory of God? Does science undermine faith? Is the problem of evil unanswerable? In this volume scientists, theologians, philosophers, as well as a historian and social scientist, take seriously the challenge of knowing and speaking about God in an age of doubt and challenge."

The book launch was a delight! Nine of the essayists were present and each took a couple of minutes to introduce their chapter. They did so with considerable skill and humor. I was definitely intrigued and inspired to read.