About this Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Angelic singing

A very different musical style from my last post in the link here. This brought tears to my eyes for a couple of reasons: First the sheer breathtaking beauty of the voice of a nine-year old. This little girl sings in Holland's Got Talent and as you will see the judges are completely speechless by what they hear. (To hear the judges comments you need the second video clip - click on "full version" at the end of the first clip.) My second reason is a bit of an assumption: the song Amira sings is Puccini's ‘O mio babbino caro’ (Oh My Beloved Father) and it appears from what you see backstage that it is her father (and brother) who are waiting for her as she runs off stage. Perhaps she sang the song for him? Perhaps her mother is not around for her for whatever reason?? Assumptions I agree! But regardless of that, this is a taste of childlike beauty in her innocence and her amazing voice.