About this Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What one teenager can do to change the world


Valerie Weisler’s story begins like this: “I grew up thinking I had no worth. My peers bullied me every day for making friends with the odd ones out – the new kid [at school], the deaf janitor, the nine-year-old boy who skipped two grades.” To read the full story of what she did about the bullying and feeling she had no worth, click here.
I am inspired by a lot of young people who don't just complain about "the way the world is" but set out to   do something about it. Valerie is a case in point. Her decision to make others know and feel their own worth led to the Validation Project which now has branches in all 50 states of the USA and in a dozen other countries. See the website here.

Let's join in! Who have I made smile today? Who has felt a greater sense of value and worth by my presence (with or without words.)