About this Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lusi and me!

I ventured out for an exhilarating walk this morning in the full easterly blast of Cyclone Lusi. The view of the beach was very different from the usual photos of calm blue water and sunny shores. (See my Post two days ago!) But it was just as beautiful in a different way. The few other people out and about greeted me and each other with extra wide smiles and and a kind of comradely agreement that this was well worth the effort. And it certainly was!
On the way home I was thinking about wind and its many moods - a gentle whisper, an exhilarating wake up call or a devastating death-dealing tornado. The Spirit is like the wind - a gentle whisper, an exhilarating wake up call or a tornado that blows away all that I thought was "the way things were". In "Spirit terms" all of those winds are purposeful.
Blow then, wind of God.
Whisper to me, wake me up,
and if necessary 
blow my flimsy world
away.