About this Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Smile, breathe and go slowly...


"Smile, breathe and go slowly…"
Thich Nhat Hanh


This is good advice for Anthea and me as we are in the final run-up to our house going to Auction on the 14th. We have worked hard at presenting our home beautifully for 8 Open Homes and various other people coming through as well. But the outcome is out of our control. I admire people who seem to manage calm serenity no matter what is happening. I'm not there yet! But this is a great chance to practice!

Two more quotes from Thich Nhat Hanh:
“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
 

“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”