- Three immediate neighbors came to welcome us in the first 24 hours - one with a large bunch of flowers from their garden! The next day we were invited to one of the homes for drinks with all three couples. Lovely people and many laughs - especially as a few more drinks went down. (We stuck to lemon, lime and bitters!)
- The environment is simply beautiful - lake, estuary walkway and beach (see below).
- It obviously a friendly, sharing community - (see below).
- We have unpacked and settled in remarkably quickly. Only a few more boxes to empty.
- There is still some "giving away and downsizing" to do now that we see what fits where. But that's all fine.
- We are in for a busy time of entertaining all the family and friends who are keen to visit.
- We feel enormously blessed and grateful.Moving in day. L-R Janet, Gwenyth, Peter, Anthea, NickyOutdoor furniture completed by Matt-in-the-hat! (My hat, he wants you to know!)Walking round the lake - things on offer…A thoughtful gesture on someone's adjacent lawn.This "for sale" bike has been locked to the railing on the estuary walkway for two days at least.Orewa BeachA wooden seat on the estuary walkway - dedicated to a child who died aged 5 yrs
Another view of the lake down the walkway from the house.Lounge with flowers from neighbors.Dining room end of living area.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Well here we are - we moved in a week ago and already feel right at home. A few more photos and random first impressions.