About this Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Even in winter...

The daffodil bulbs in the pot on our deck have forgotten it is still winter! It reminded me of the quote by Albert Camus (see below).
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
 And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.” Albert Camus

And then there's the lovingly tended public garden at a busy intersection in Orewa. 
And that reminded me of the song Scarborough Fair which has the repeating line "Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme..." Somehow "Parsley, be-go-ni-a and kale..." doesn't have the same ring to it! 
All these tenacious expressions of beauty brought a smile and warmth to my day. Yes - in the midst of winter... the invincible summer!