About this Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

Where you look is what you see!

Walking round the lake below our house this morning I was struck by the beauty of the still water perfectly reflecting the little dinghy ...
...but then I was aware how carefully I was composing the shot to make sure the reason for the dinghy being in the lake was not in view...
The lake is full of weed that makes it look quite ugly especially in summer. So dedicated locals spend hours wading round pulling up the weed and loading it into the dinghy to bring to the bank. The perimeter of the lake is ringed with piles of rotting weed which will eventually be taken away, I think by council.

It got me thinking - what do I "screen out of view" in life as well as in photos? What do I choose to portray to others while keeping the weedy bits out of sight?