About this Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Economic injustice

I've found the theme for this past week more difficult to action. It is easier to give (or to reduce waste) than to make an impact on the big issues of economic injustice. However, I've re-established my connection with a couple of websites I used to visit - and discovered a new one. If you are interested here they are:
FairTrade NZ Easter NB This is the best for specifically NZ Easter products.

One particular focus I plan to have as Easter approaches is to look for FairTrade or other ethical brand Easter Eggs or similar chocolate goodies. I don't buy much of this sort of thing anyway but I will certainly see if any of the good brands are readily available in the supermarket. I was horrified to learn that some"trafficked" children are put to work as slave labour making such products. As one quote I read this week said:"Children love Easter eggs! Except those who are forced to make them.)"