About this Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

It's easier than you think!

Changing to a new bank... I am happy to report that it is much easier than I thought. I spent one hour with a very efficient and delightful young woman at Kiwi Bank who talked through what my banking needs were. She set me up right there and then with all I needed. Less than a week later the Eftpos card and Credit card arrived in the mail. The best thing of all is that Kiwi Bank transfers all my automatic payments and direct debits information into my new account without me having to laboriously do that myself! I do have to personally notify the people who pay into my account but I was even given a printed slips to give out to my clients with the new account number on it! I was also given an official letter to take to WINZ so that my superannaution gets paid into the new account. In other words she thought of everything - even things I hadn't!
So go Kiwi Bank! 

This kind of un-related - but in a way very appropriate to add. Here's a five minute conversation between Oprah Winfrey and Brene Brown on the link between gratitude and joy (and how we sometimes restrict our joy.)