About this Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Beautiful people

It seems the news media (especially TV) focus on highlighting the worst of humanity. It's helpful to redress the balance by noticing all the beautiful people we encounter in different ways throughout an ordinary day. (And I don't mean "beauty" in the way the glossy magazines advertise it!)

In just a few hours yesterday as I walked:

  • I smiled as a toddler whizzed past me on a "scooter bike" with her proud dad running along behind.
  • I was greeted with a cheery "hello" by a teenage boy on his way home from school.
  • I watched a grey haired couple walking hand in hand and enjoying the scenery.
  • I stopped and talked to a man planting small trees around the lake. It turned out he is 85 years old and buys all the plants and compost out of his own money. "I've had a good life," he said, "and I enjoy doing this."

An ordinary day, ordinary people - but beautiful people.
Let's all look out for the "ordinary but beautiful" people every day and be part of redressing the balance by being one of them too!