About this Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

When there's nothing worth watching on TV...

.... which is often the case - then here are a couple of things well worth listening to instead:

Click here for A conversation with Gangaji about how to handle disagreement, anger and hatred with both wisdom and respect. In the context of so many horrific world events and the current presidential elections in USA this is a very thought provoking and intelligent 30 minute discussion.

If you have an hour (and who doesn't watch TV for an hour without demur!) then listen to this Podcast with Tami Simon and Iyanla Vanzant called Truth is Light.
Iyanla Vanzant
Tami Simon

I have appreciated Gangaji for many years. Her wisdom is matched by her presence when you see her in person. She has offered several retreats in New Zealand over the years. This is the first time I have been aware of Iyanla Vanzant although I've often listened to Tami Simon's interviews with people. (Tami is a superb interviewer!) I'm intrigued by Iyanla. I'd love to know more about her life and background. She does have a website but so far I haven't explored it.

I enjoy the fact that these two women are people I would never have come in contact with from my own background but through the wonders of the internet I am privileged to connect with them.