About this Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Grateful!

I've kept a daily Gratitude Journal for many years. At the end of each day I, and the friend I live with, each write three things  we are grateful for that day. It's not hard to do! Some days though it tends to become a record of what we've done that day - nothing wrong with being grateful for a day's events of course. But the other morning as I was on my usual morning walk it struck me how grateful I was for:

  • Being able to walk. Lots of people can't - or can only walk with pain or difficulty.
  • Breathing easily. I knew someone with lung disease that made every breath an effort.
  • Clear eyesight to enjoy the beauty around me - made possible for me with glasses which I've worn since I was 9.
  • Good enough hearing to hear the wind in the trees and the sea lapping on the shore.
  • Living in such a beautiful place.
  • Feeling safe on the paths I walk every day.
So much gratitude and it was only 8am!