About this Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2018

One thing leads to another...

I love the way one thing leads to another.
Or to put it another way:
in the marvellous interconnectedness of all things
what I didn't even know I needed
pops up at exactly the right time.

A recent example:
A group from our church have been meeting to discuss a podcast series called The Bible for Normal People
⤵️
Two people talked about it to me.
⤵️
I don't go to the group but I thought I'd listen to one of the podcasts and started with the first one - Rob Bell on What is the Bible.
⤵️
 I was impressed with his animated and refreshing 'take' on reading the Bible so
⤵️
I borrowed the e-book from the library.

(The wonders of technology! I was reading the book on my iPad the same day I listened to the podcast - which was recorded in 2017. Whew! How quickly we take all this for granted.)

I was brought up on the Bible! 
I have read it devotionally, 
studied it theologically 
and written Bible study notes on it for Scripture Union
Yet I am freshly excited about the Bible right now -
thanks to: 
Rob Bell⇒those who recorded the podcast⇒the person who set up the church discussion group⇒the two people who talked about it⇒the technology that allowed me to listen and⇒borrow a free e-book.

Do you see what I mean about one thing leading to another?!