About this Blog

Friday, April 22, 2016

Earth Day

Today 22nd April is Earth Day. I wouldn't have known except for a newsletter from the Gratefulness site which had many lovely reminders and resources. These two short videos I found especially moving:

The Pale Blue Dot  2 minutes BY CARL SAGAN This excerpt of A Pale Blue Dot was inspired by an image taken by Voyager 1 in 1990. As the spacecraft left our planetary neighborhood for the fringes of the solar system, engineers turned it around for one last look at its home planet. The result is this moving and powerful monologue by Carl Sagan, delightfully illustrated by Order Productions, Ltd.



Dear Future Generations: Sorry 5 minutes (Plus a couple more after his poem finishes) BY PRINCE EA (April, 2015) An apology letter to future generations. "I think I speak for the rest of us when I say, sorry, sorry we left you our mess of a planet. Sorry that we were too caught up in our own doings to do something. Sorry we listened to people who made excuses, to do nothing. I hope you forgive us..."